Delphi, the famous ancient sanctuary and site of the oracle of Apollo god of the sun, is nowadays recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.On the way to Delphi admire the view of the countryside and discover the town of Livadeia, a typical provincial town of Central Greece. Arriving at Delphi you will have a guided visit to the archaeological site and its museum.
The excursion concludes with a lunch in the picturesque town of Arachova.
We start in the morning (08h00) and we conclude visits to the archaeological places about noon, leaving enough time for a lunch to relax before our way back to Athens. Prior to the excursion you will have a short brief in our office about the places to see. An escort from Elysium Travel will accompany you throughout the visit, and offer you any assistance you may require.
Plan of the excursion
Departure from Marathon: 08h00 Return to Marathon: 19h30
[Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon request, with potential extra charges]
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marathon or from a selected meeting point in Athens
- Drive through the countryside plains and mountainous areas of central Greece
- Short stop at the town of Livadeia
- Guided visit the ancient ruins of the Delphi Sanctuary
- Guided visit to the Delphi museum
- Lunch at the picturesque village of Arachova
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from 110€
Children 4-12 years old: reduced fare
Infants up to 4 years old: free
Included in the price are
Private minibus air-conditioned with Wi-Fi; escort; children seats on request; entrance fees to the archaeological site and the museum; licensed guide to the archaeological site and the museum; lunch; pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens.
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU