The excursion to Marathon brings you to the places where the battle of Marathon took place in the 5th century BC, an event that influenced the course of history of western Europe and also inspired contemporary athletic happenings.
Moving to more recent times our visit also includes other places of interest located in the surrounding area, such as the Marathon Lake and its dam, the Marathon Run Museum and the Bread Museum.
The excursion starts in the morning and concludes in the early afternoon. Prior to the excursion you will have a short brief about the places to see. An escort from Elysium Travel will accompany you throughout the visit, and offer you any assistance you may require.
Plan of the excursion
Departure from Marathon: 09h00 Return to Marathon: 14h00
Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon reques
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marathon or from a selected meeting point in Athens
- Visit the site of the battle of Marathon, and starting point of the Marathon race
- Visit the Marathon Lake
- Visit the Marathon Run Museum
- Visit the Bread museum (coffee / refreshments are offered)
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from € 40
Children 4-12 years old: reduced fare
Infants up to 4 years old: free
Included in the price are
Private minivan air-conditioned with Wi-Fi; escort; entrance fees to museums; guided tour to the bread museum; coffee in the bread museum; pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or to the original departure points in Athens.
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU