CORINTH CANAL, HERAION SANCTUARY
The excursion brings you to the North side of the Gulf of Corinth, to a unique site the sanctuary of Heraion, dedicated to goddess Hera. Here you will discover a wonderful corner of nature and an ancient history page. On the way you will admire the view of the Corinth canal and have a cruise through it.
We conclude with a lunch in the town of Loutraki, a modern summer resort.
We start in the morning and we finish visits to the archaeological places about noon, thus leaving enough time for a lunch to relax before returning to Athens. Prior to the excursion you will have a short brief in our office about the places to see. An escort from Elysium Travel will accompany you throughout the visit, and offer you any assistance you may require.
Plan of the excursion
Departure from Marathon: 08h00 Return to Marathon: 17h30
[Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon reques]
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marathon or from a selected meeting point in Athens
- Drive through the impressive rocky south-west coast of Attica
- View of the Corinth canal from the overhead bridge
- Mini cruise at the Corinth Canal
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Corinth gulf and Lake Vouliagmeni on the way to Heraion sanctuary
- Visit the site of Heraion Sanctuary
- Enjoy swim in the crystal clear waters of the sanctuary beach
- Lunch in Loutraki, a popular summer resort of Athens
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from € 82
Children 4-12 years old: reduced fare
Infants up to 4 years old: free
Included in the price are
Private minibus air-conditioned with Wi-Fi; escort; children seats upon request; ticket for the mini-cruise through the Corinth canal; lunch; pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens.
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU
A bathing suit and towel
A change of dry clothes