CAPE SOUNIO - VOULIAGMENI LAKE
Cape Sounio, situated at the southernmost of Attica (65 km from Athens) and overseeing the Aegean Sea, is the site of the ancient temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in mythology. On the way to Sounio we cross the Athens Riviera, an area stretching along the coastal road of southern Athens, with idyllic rocky bights and sandy beaches. We make a stop at Lake Vouliagmeni a natural thermal spa and then we arrive at Cape Sounio where you will visit the site of the temple and enjoy a magnificent sunset over the Aegean Sea
The excursion takes place in the afternoon and it is timed to allow you to admire the sunset at Cape Sounio. Prior to the excursion you will have a short brief in our office about the places to see. An escort from Elysium Travel will accompany you throughout the visit, and offer you any assistance you may require.
Plan of the excursion
Departure from Marathon: 14h00 Return to Marathon: 21h30
[Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon reques]
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marathon or from a selected meeting point in Athens
- Crossing the Athens Riviera
- Visit Lake Vouliagmeni and swim in its warm waters
- Swim in one of the little picturesque bights or sandy beaches along the Athens Riviera (optional)
- Visit to Cape Sounio and the Temple of Poseidon
- Watch the sunset from Cape Sounio
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure points in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from € 60
Children 4-12 years old: reduced fare
Infants up to 4 years old: free
Included in the price are
Private minibus air-conditioned with Wi-Fi; children seats on request; escort; entrance fees to Vouliagmeni Lake; entrance fees to archaeological site; chairs for the beach; refreshments; pick-up from and drop-off to your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens.
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU
A bathing suit and a towel
A change of dry clothes