FREE-TIME CRUISE TO HYDRA ISLAND
If you like to combine sailing and spending free time to a unique place, we recommend you a full day excursion to the island of Hydra, native place of rich ship-owners who dedicated their wealth to the independence war of Greece from the Ottoman Empire in the 19th century.
Hydra is a most impressive island, and a unique destination preserving its "integrity of place".
Your day starts early in the morning by embarking at the port of Piraeus. Upon disembarking on the island, you will have free time to discover its beauties.
Draw-up your own programme on the island, making use of the information we provide you before departure.
PLAN OF THE CRUISE
Transfer from Marathon to Piraeus: 06h30 -----Return to Marathon: 20h15
Departure of the ship from Piraeus: 08h00 ---- Return of the ship to Piraeus19h00
[Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon request]
- Transfer from your hotel in Marathon, or from a selected meeting point in Athens, to the port of Piraeus
- Sailing in the Saronic Gulf (1h45)
- Free time in Hydra
- Sailing back from Hydra to Piraeus
- Transfer from Piraeus to your accommodation in Marathon or to the original departure points in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from € 86
Children 4-12 years old: reduced fare
Infants up to 4 years old: free
Included in the price are
Ferry tickets;pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure points in Athens
WHAT TO DO AND SEE
Upon disembarking on the island, you will have free time to discover its beauties.
- Walk & stroll in the alleys of town of Hydra
- Observe Hydra’s architecture
- Take a donkey “back riding”
- Explore monasteries and churches
- Visit museums and discover the island’s maritime culture
- Swim in one of its beaches with crystal clear waters
- Enjoy a lunch in one of its restaurants offering a rich variety of dishes
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU
A bathing suit